Garment measurements are included in the instructions of each sewing pattern.
Our patterns are drafted for a height of 168cm (5′ 6″).
We draft for a B cup, that’s a 5cm (2″) difference between your high bust and full bust (not to be confused with your RTW bra cup size).
MEASUREMENT GUIDE |
1. HIGH BUST – measure across the fullest part of back, under the arms and above the full bust
2. FULL BUST – measure at the fullest part of the bust
3. WAIST – measure at the natural waist (usually where you bend)
4. HIPS – measure at the fullest part of the hips. Maven Patterns locate the hip 20cms below the waist, but yours may be different
5. SHOULDER – from the side neck to shoulder edge
6. BICEP – measure at the fullest part of the top arm
7. SLEEVE LENGTH OVERARM – measure from the end of the shoulder to hem of sleeve with arm bent for long sleeves
8. SNP TO HEM – side neck point to hem; measure from the side of the neck to hem
9. CB LENGTH – measure from the nape of the neck to hem
10. CB LENGTH / UNDERBAND – measure from the waist / under the waistband to the hem
MAKE A TOILE |
I always recommend making a toile for a new pattern. A toile is just a quick mock-up of your pattern in calico or random unloved old fabric to check the fit for you before you cut into your lovely fabric. There is no need to neaten the seams, add fastenings or details such as collars or pockets (although they can be useful!).
SIZING UPDATE PLANS |
You can read about our plans to update our size range here.