We have added to our Eco-elastic range and now have 28mm and 40mm wide elastics, which are going to be a great choice for an earth-friendly waistband!
The 40mm wide flat elastic has a lovely soft feel to the surface, soft enough to wear directly next to the skin or can be channelled in a casing. It is made in Austria from 65% certified organic cotton and 35% natural rubber.
The 28mm wide flat elastic is, again, made in Austria from 50% certified organic cotton and 50% natural rubber. Both elastics are suitable for light to medium weight fabrics and available in ecru.
All of our Eco-elastics
Can be washed at 40°C
Are biodegradable & recyclable
Have a longer lifespan than comparable conventional elastic
Are tested against chlorine & heat
Comply with EU toy safety standards EN71-3 & EN71-12
At last… there is an environmentally-friendly elastic made from organic cotton and natural rubber!
We are so happy to be able to add this elastic to our growing section of Eco-haberdashery. It’s a viable, responsible and ecological alternative to conventional elastics while doing exactly the same job! It’s made in Austria from certified organic cotton and natural rubber. There’s not too much more to say really…it stretches likes elastic, it behaves like elastic, it’s (happy) elastic!| THE DETAILS |
- Designed in Germany
- Made by a family-run business in Austria
- Made using certified Turkish organic cotton & natural rubber from rubber plantations in Malaysia (without child labour!)
- Environmentally-friendly; biodegradable, recyclable and of course, plastic-free
- Longer lifespan than comparable conventional elastic
- Tested against chlorine & heat
- Complies with EU toy safety standards EN71-3 & EN71-12
We’re all trying to be conscious of the environment these days and the topic of single-use plastic is at the forefront of many eco conversations. Well, I’m very pleased to say that we now have the Gütermann Sew-all rPet thread in stock on the website. Those that came to the Knit and stitching show in October will have seen Mr.M with this thread and it has had a very good reception so we thought we would share them on the Maven site too!
It’s a good general all-purpose thread, with all the quality that we know we can expect from Gütermann.
It’s eco-friendly and made from 100% recycled plastic bottles, one bottle can produce around 1000m of sew-all thread.
That’s got to be a good thing!
All the details |
- High quality that you can expect from a Gütermann thread.
- For all fabrics and seams
- For sewing machines and sewing by hand
- For closing and quilting seams
- For overlock and safety seams
- For buttonholes and sewing on buttons
- For delicate embroidering stitching and decorative seams
- Recommended needle size: universal needle NM 80–90
- Made in Germany, using the existing production facilities
- Tear and abrasion-resistant
- Strong and flexible
- Soft and supple
- Non-fade and colourfast
- 100% recycled polyester thread