Hello, sewing friends!
We have some very exciting news to share. We will be at The Knitting & Stitching show at Alexandra Palace, London – our first show for 2 years! You’ll find us in The Textile Gallery on stand TGD25. I say ‘us’ because I’ll be sharing a stand with Mr.M – James Tailoring – so there will be lots of eco-haberdashery & fabrics alongside our sewing patterns.
The show runs from Thursday 7th October – Sunday 10th October and we have 3 pairs of complimentary tickets to give away – but please do note the following terms and conditions!
- There is a £6 fee for Thursday, Friday and Saturday – but free on Sunday!
- Valid from 11am
- You will need to validate your ticket pre-entry (either online in advance or at the Box Office)
- A £2.50 transaction fee
- Knitting & Stitching Show details can be found HERE
To Enter the Draw
If you’d like the chance to win a pair of tickets just head on over to our Instagram Knit & Stitch post and leave a comment by 6pm (GMT) on Friday 17th September to be entered into the draw.
We will be picking 3 winners at random from the comments. We are really looking forward to seeing you all in actual real life!!!
And we will be bringing along some extra JOY to the show!
We know many of you have been patiently waiting for them …
We will be bringing The Joy Dress & The Simone Set along in paper! Hurrah! They’ll be available on the website right after the show.
Competition Terms & Conditions
Entry only by Instagram. Tickets will be drawn on Friday 17th September at 6pm GMT. Names will be drawn at random. One pair of tickets will be posted to each of the 3 winners.
We have added to our Eco-elastic range and now have 28mm and 40mm wide elastics, which are going to be a great choice for an earth-friendly waistband!
The 40mm wide flat elastic has a lovely soft feel to the surface, soft enough to wear directly next to the skin or can be channelled in a casing. It is made in Austria from 65% certified organic cotton and 35% natural rubber.
The 28mm wide flat elastic is, again, made in Austria from 50% certified organic cotton and 50% natural rubber. Both elastics are suitable for light to medium weight fabrics and available in ecru.
All of our Eco-elastics
Can be washed at 40°C
Are biodegradable & recyclable
Have a longer lifespan than comparable conventional elastic
Are tested against chlorine & heat
Comply with EU toy safety standards EN71-3 & EN71-12
At last… there is an environmentally-friendly elastic made from organic cotton and natural rubber!
We are so happy to be able to add this elastic to our growing section of Eco-haberdashery. It’s a viable, responsible and ecological alternative to conventional elastics while doing exactly the same job! It’s made in Austria from certified organic cotton and natural rubber. There’s not too much more to say really…it stretches likes elastic, it behaves like elastic, it’s (happy) elastic!| THE DETAILS |
- Designed in Germany
- Made by a family-run business in Austria
- Made using certified Turkish organic cotton & natural rubber from rubber plantations in Malaysia (without child labour!)
- Environmentally-friendly; biodegradable, recyclable and of course, plastic-free
We’re all trying to be conscious of the environment these days and the topic of single-use plastic is at the forefront of many eco conversations. Well, I’m very pleased to say that we now have the Gütermann Sew-all rPet thread in stock on the website. Those that came to the Knit and stitching show in October will have seen Mr.M with this thread and it has had a very good reception so we thought we would share them on the Maven site too!
It’s a good general all-purpose thread, with all the quality that we know we can expect from Gütermann.
It’s eco-friendly and made from 100% recycled plastic bottles, one bottle can produce around 1000m of sew-all thread.
That’s got to be a good thing!
All the details |
- High quality that you can expect from a Gütermann thread.
- For all fabrics and seams
- For sewing machines and sewing by hand
- For closing and quilting seams
- For overlock and safety seams
- For buttonholes and sewing on buttons
- For delicate embroidering stitching and decorative seams
- Recommended needle size: universal needle NM 80–90
- Made in Germany, using the existing production facilities
- Tear and abrasion-resistant
- Strong and flexible
- Soft and supple
- Non-fade and colourfast
- 100% recycled polyester thread