I’m so pleased to put this style out, I’ve loved working on this new pattern so much!
The Rochester has been designed with simple, understated styling in mind. She’s an easy to wear style with a relaxed fit and a slight A-line shape, but fitted at the shoulders for a flattering look. She has a deep centre back pleat, curved hem and side splits with stitched facing and elbow length sleeves.
You have the option to make a top (approx. mid hip length) and a knee length dress. The neckline is elasticated and gathered, so NO ZIP needed – you’re welcome! The top has a small frilled edge on the neckline and the dress has a clean edge but as the pattern is exactly the same and the difference is in the construction they are totally interchangeable – even as you are making them!
We’ve set the sewing skill level as intermediate, the tricky bit is stitching the hem (see the tutorial here) but if you have a little experience and like a challenge, do join in the fun!
- SEWING SKILL LEVEL: intermediate
- Version A: The Top (mid hip length approx)
- Version B: The Dress with tie belt (knee length approx)
- Elasticated and gathered front neckline
- Elbow length sleeves
- Curved hem and side split with feature topstitching
- Centre back pleat
- In-seam side pockets (dress only)
- NO ZIP!
- Easy to shorten or lengthen, with guides on your pattern
- LAYERS FEATURE: select and only print the size(s) you want
- MULTI SIZE PATTERN: UK SIZES 8-18
- SEE PHOTOS FOR SIZE CHART & FABRIC REQUIREMENTS
- Illustrated guide (ENGLISH ONLY) to printing your pattern and sewing your tunic
- Fully supported with PHOTO TUTORIALS
- Includes seam allowances.
- Can be printed on either A4 or US letter paper, using ADOBE ACROBAT READER
- A0 copyshop file (2 sheets)
This lightweight linen has worked really well for the top, choose a woven fabric that will be happy to accommodate that gathered neckline…linens, chambrays, lawn or viscose. The dress is made in the most wonderful crepe but it wasn’t happy with the frill – hence the 2nd neck option.
This hem detail is one of my most favourite things – there is a template included in the pattern to give you a topstitch guide line to make life easier! I’ve also added ‘length/shorten your pattern here’ guidelines on the pattern for The Rochester so you don’t have to worry about the curves and the facing if you need to make any length adjustments. The dress is approximately knee length (Eve is 5’4″ as a guide).
Oh and pockets…always need pockets in a dress. Looks good without the tie belt too!
I hope you all love our new pattern, The Rochester, as much as we do xxx
You can get 20% off the usual price until midnight (GMT) on Sunday (21/5/17)
no code needed, just head straight to Etsy!