Ok. So I haven’t really thought this post through but in the face of the Coronavirus the best thing to do, it seems, is to be kind and wash your hands. With this in mind, we (the family Maven) have decided this weekend (14th & 15th March 2020) to donate 50% of any sales of The Maria Apron PDF pattern to Shelter.
This is a tiny thing, my sales aren’t huge, and we often think the tiny things don’t matter, that they won’t make a difference, that WE can’t make a difference. But they do, it all counts.
So do what you can, carry on supporting your fav small businesses, smile at people, be kind, share the loo roll if you have a stash of it, ring someone to check they’re ok, buy a pattern.
The tiny things? They will all add up and they do matter.
Click here to donate directly to Shelter
Our pattern making tool kits are back in stock!
These are the perfect addition to any Maker’s tool kit, helping you to create & alter your pattern and toiles with precision because, as we all know, a job is easier with the right tools!
MAVEN MINI TOOL KIT | £27
- 3 piece pattern cutting tool kit in a calico bag
- pattern notchers, wooden-handled needlepoint tracing wheel, wooden-handled awl
- the perfect gift for any Maker!
- tools bough separately – £30.30
MAVEN TOOL KIT | £48
- 5 piece pattern cutting tool kit in a calico bag
- screw punch with 6 sized bits (sizes 1.5mm-4mm)
- pattern notchers
- wooden-handled needlepoint tracing wheel
- button gauge
- wooden-handled awl
- tools bought separately – £53.05
We only have a small number in stock, so head over to the shop now if you have been waiting for them to arrive.
All of our tools can be bought individually too!
We have added to our Eco-elastic range and now have 28mm and 40mm wide elastics, which are going to be a great choice for an earth-friendly waistband!
The 40mm wide flat elastic has a lovely soft feel to the surface, soft enough to wear directly next to the skin or can be channelled in a casing. It is made in Austria from 65% certified organic cotton and 35% natural rubber.
The 28mm wide flat elastic is, again, made in Austria from 50% certified organic cotton and 50% natural rubber. Both elastics are suitable for light to medium weight fabrics and available in ecru.
All of our Eco-elastics
Can be washed at 40°C
Are biodegradable & recyclable
Have a longer lifespan than comparable conventional elastic
Are tested against chlorine & heat
Comply with EU toy safety standards EN71-3 & EN71-12
At last… there is an environmentally-friendly elastic made from organic cotton and natural rubber!
We are so happy to be able to add this elastic to our growing section of Eco-haberdashery. It’s a viable, responsible and ecological alternative to conventional elastics while doing exactly the same job! It’s made in Austria from certified organic cotton and natural rubber. There’s not too much more to say really…it stretches likes elastic, it behaves like elastic, it’s (happy) elastic!| THE DETAILS |
- Designed in Germany
- Made by a family-run business in Austria
- Made using certified Turkish organic cotton & natural rubber from rubber plantations in Malaysia (without child labour!)
- Environmentally-friendly; biodegradable, recyclable and of course, plastic-free
- Longer lifespan than comparable conventional elastic
- Tested against chlorine & heat
- Complies with EU toy safety standards EN71-3 & EN71-12